Wednesday 18 May 2016

To begin at the beginning

In late September 2015 I enrolled on a 3D Computer Animation degree course. I began with a few years worth of self taught software experience. Pixologic's Sculptris and the excellent, open source Blender had served me well and lured me back into education.

Back into education after 23 years.

While our course is supposed to be about the creation, the final (moving) image, the product rather than the tools we use, the reality of it is an expectation to use Maya and Zbrush.

Thrown in at the deep end.

This blog is a record of some of the tips, tricks and tutorials that we've found useful. With posts on general operations, solutions to more specific points and practical work flow notes, I'm hoping to present a bunch of stuff that's just plain useful.


No comments:

Post a Comment